Tuesday, March 31, 2009

US Weekly, here I come

I woke up early this morning to go pick up a copy of the Register Guard. I wanted to see if the story about the fundraiser had run. I had front page hopes, but jammed-between-the-auto-trader-and-the-classifieds expectations. 

I was happy to see that the story was on the front page of the City/Region section. You can read the online digital version here. Make sure to click on the photo tab to get a good look at my disgusted mug. The article is fun and very well written. Unfortunately it's just a matter of time before the paparazzi start following me around.

I have to say, this has been a fun project so far (other than the cleaning microwaves part). I enjoy putting together the videos and writing letters to Oprah, which is something I used to do in my spare time anyways. I hope that amidst the quirkiness and novelty of this fundraiser, however, we can all keep in mind that this really is a good cause. By coming together as a community we really have the power and potential to change lives. 

For those of you looking for more information about the internship, you can check out my internship blog here. 

Thanks for all your donations. 


--Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment