Saturday, March 21, 2009

Links, Thoughts, and Peeps

I want to first give major props to Craig, a fellow law student and contributor to SWCMM for doing his best to spread the word about this fundraiser. You can check out his latest efforts here. You'll have to scroll down a bit, but you'll see we get a big mention over at SI.com. (While you're at it, make sure to vote for Selma.) Way to be, Craig. 

I have officially extended sponsorship offers to three important entities: Market of Choice, Allann Brothers Coffee, and Oprah. So far I haven't heard back from any of them (to Oprah's credit, I just wrote to her like five minutes ago). 

Let's not be deterred. This fundraiser is not about big corporate sponsors, or large contributions anyways. It's about mobilizing a community and getting everyone to chip in a dollar or two when they can. 

I wanted to say thanks to the person who thought it would be funny to explode some Peeps in the microwaves. They now look worse than ever, but my spirits are stronger than before! Onward and upward!

One last thing for today, I've decided to extend the deadline to April 30th. Happy Spring Break, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment